“I went to the doctor the other day,
he said to me “Flu?” I said “No, I came in my car” “
Chris Forrest has been on the forefront of the South African Comedy scene since the late nineties. His unique dry sense of humour, quick wit and intelligent comedy has made him one of the country’s most popular comedians and ensured that audiences are left in stitches wherever he goes.
Equally at home MCing an evening or just doing a spot, Chris started in the late 90’s, and has since gone on to perform on every worthwhile comedy club, showcase or festival in the country including South Africa’s premier comedy show: The 466 64 “It’s No Joke” comedy show as one of South Africa’s top 10 comics, he’s also a regular on the Heavyweight Comedy Jam, The Blacks Only Show and the Kingsize Comedy Show. International festivals include: The Edinburgh Festival, The Lyric Theatre in London, not to mention major festivals in Dubai, Ghana, Botswana and Swaziland (really). In 2013 he hosted the prestigious Comics Choice Awards.
Chris has also hosted his own episode of “Comedy Central Presents Live at Parker’s” and performed four successful one-man shows namely “Chris Forrest, He’s a really nice guy” which was recently broadcast on Comedy Central, “The Flipside” “The Guy from TV” and most recently “Who’s Your Daddy?”
As one of S.A comedy’s most versatile performers, Chris has worked in almost every facet of comedy, including; stand up comedy, improv comedy, sketch comedy (stage, TV and radio), sitcom, feature films, industrial theatre, numerous TV adverts, a comedy rap album and many more weird and wonderful things, Chris also prides himself in his ability to “cross over” having successfully entertained people of all races, religions colours and creeds, across the length and breadth of the country as well as internationally.
In 2015, Chris was taken out of his comfort zone when he featured in Celebrity Masterchef South Africa cooking for his charity, The Villa of Hope. Chris managed to beat the odds and secured the title of South Africa’s first Celebrity MasterChef Winner. As a result, he now does regular cooking demo’s as well as a comedy cooking show with Masterchef Judge Pete Goffe Wood
Most recently Chris has been hosting his own celebrity game show; the critically acclaimed and very popular “Is That A Fact?” airing on SABC 3.
Always evolving, Chris looks to be here to stay .
One Man Shows:
- Chris Forrest, He’s a really nice guy (Sell out show)
- The Flipside
- The Guy from TV (Sell out show)
- Who’s Your Daddy? (Sell out show)
- Is That A Fact
- The Dan Nichol Show
- The Bantu Hour
- Next of next week
- Celebrity Master Chef SA
- Colour Blind comedy special
- Chris Forrest Live at The Tesson
- Comedy Central Presents: Chris Forrest Live at Parker’s
- The Pure Monate Show
- LNN with Loyiso Gola
- So You Think You’re Funny
- The Coconuts
- LOL MNET
- LOL M’zanzi Magic
- Numerous Guest Appearances on different talk shows and game shows.
- Sasol (Coach Joe)
- Vodacom (The “Yo” guy)
- E-Bucks (Four different versions of Chris Arguing)
- E-Bucks (hidden camera giving stuff away)
- Nando’s (2010 campign, make foreigners feel at home)
- Toyota (Mouth and voice of Buddy the Boxer)
- Straight Outta Benoni
- Footskating 101
- White Wedding
- Blitz Patrollie
- District 9 (deleted scenes)
Radio & Viral:
- COPPS on 947
- World cup correspondent for 5fm weekend breakfast
- Chev – will it tow campaign
- Co-host of LOLz on Ballz Radio
- The Mind of The Mystic Tokoloshe
- Oom Frik’s life advice
- 7’s Poker Face
- Virgin Active 2010 Super Fan Campaign.
Corporate Clients Include:
BHP Billiton, Sasol, MTN, Vodacom, FNB, Sunday Times, ROCCI, Microsoft, Samsung, Midas, First National Battery, Apple, Northgate, SAB, China Central Bank, Murray & Roberts, Nestle, Standard Bank, Gold Reef City, IBM, Waltons, Pick n Pay, Steffanutti Stocks, Spar, Federal Mogul, Shaft Sinkers, Turbovent, Business Conection, The Red Ants, Various Government Departments, Incredible Connection, Deutsche Bank, Kraft Foods, AMEX, UNISA, Rectron Technologies, Spur, Siemens, Experion, Sanlam, Coca-cola, Heineken, Subaru, Discovery, Clover, Momentum and many, many more.
Request a booking of one of our talented artists
- Your email is safe with us. We do not spam.
- This form will not be considered a subscription to our mailer, if you want to subscribe and receive our newsletter click subscribe below.